Thursday, April 20, 2006

Out of Business


Like one-third of our college, I transferred into the Business School in my second semester (following a short stint toward the field of Journalism). Like most McCombs students, I also entered with an obnoxious level of ambition, and am exiting with rather high expectations and high standards. There's no shortage of evidence that good ideas encourage the good relations and stamina to make things happen.

The prestige of education is acknowledged by corporations world-wide and attracts recruiters from some of the 'best companies' in the world. Junior year, I set out to represent the University following a powerful drive to maximize the potential of its resources.

Obviously, that didn't work out the way we envisioned, but what evolved along the way brought us accomplished new, bigger goals without ever reaching that original destination. There's so much to be learned about opportunity The 'who we know' theory is empowering but it's what we're willing to do to push our relationships and boundaries that governs outcome. I leave these acres, eager for open doors. Where high standards prevail, lives a win for all.

My Ping in TotalPing.com