Sunday, December 30, 2007

my little green book

The name for this blog, "Little Green Notebook," is inspired by Salinger's Franny and Zooey. In the story, Franny carries a little green cloth-bound book in her handbag. I can just imagine her (in the 60's) looking like Jackie O. Probably wearing gloves, and a pill box hat. Perfect red lipstick. And I love that her book was pea green.


These old Kate Spade ads are so beautiful and are exactly what I imagine Franny to look like. (It's a funny coincidence that the girl here is reading "Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters")

Such a beautiful bedroom


Anyway, in the story Franny's book was a little novel, but I love the idea of sweet, small notebooks in purses. And since I am a list person, I always carry one around with me to jot down ideas and inspirations as they strike. Ideas for decorating the house. Clothes that I love in the store but want to check online for in case I can get them cheaper elsewhere. Grocery lists. Christmas gift ideas. To do lists. Goals. Dreams. etc. It's a handy little system for me. And it's really fun to look back through old notebooks to see past lists and ideas.

Here are a few of my favorite notebooks:

Moleskines

Paper Source (For even more color options - try binding your own!)


I decided that there are so many beautiful things that I stumble across on the internet that inspire me (and get me REALLY excited about having money again in a year and a half) that I'd start an inspiration journal where I can post about my favorite things and share them with you.

My Ping in TotalPing.com