Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Garden - Urban Style

My mom has such a green thumb. She is always out working in her yard. Every time we visit her I get the itch to start a garden.
Since we live in Boston and are without a yard and soon we'll be moving to New York and won't have a yard there either, I was excited to see these two posts about bringing flowers and plants inside on Another Shade of Gray when I was browsing through her archives.

I love fresh flowers. This sliver vase from Smith & Hawken is so beautiful and is perfect for those single blooms or a small branch of spring blossoms. This particular vase is currently out of stock (besides, it's a little pricey), so I'm on the look out for something similar, elsewhere.
I am really excited about this book. Artificial plants are usually pretty tacky and I am sick of the same old same old house plants. Hopefully this book all about indoor gardening will help me bring the outdoors, in - but in a fresh new way.
My Ping in TotalPing.com