Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Love for Painting Interior Doors

After posting about these incredible Nate Berkus doors yesterday, I thought I would follow up with a little collection of interior doors with non-white paint treatments.

{Here's another view from the same apartment.}
I know it might seem like a strange thing to do to your home - paint the doors. In fact, my mom gave me a quizzical look last week when I suggest she paint the inside of her front door blue. I had these pictures in mind when I suggested it:



Lots of interior designers paint all of their interior doors black, swearing that it makes even boring or cheap doors look substantial and interesting.

Kate Spade is on board:So is Miles Redd:

Black doors reminds me of pre-war building apartments in New York.



If you're nervous about going whole hog with painting your door, you might consider painting just the millwork:


But if you're like me, and love the idea, try choosing a bright, unexpected color for a door at the end of a long hallway, or for an interesting twist in a bedroom.




My Ping in TotalPing.com