Saturday, April 2, 2011

normandy chic!


Here in Normandy we  know how to appreciate a talent for chic when we see it!!





These shots are of  a beautiful interior design  store near here that belongs to friends of ours. This husband/wife team design, upholster, create, renovate  together.  They love beautiful fabric, ideally co-ordinated colour schemes, well proportioned furniture. 


Their window displays are guaranteed to slow me down as I drive past.




...  and inside is like aladdin's cave.  Around the store they create small vignettes to show off pieces of furniture lovingly restored.  I adore this beautiful upholstered screen, that serves as a backdrop to new pieces.












I love to see the transformations as one thing 




becomes another





I love the unusual pieces of furniture they find



and their talent for marrying colours and textures.



In France you can live in the country and still access chic!






Carole and Jean-Francois Bic can be contacted here ,
their store is rue Dulong, Pacy sur Eure

My Ping in TotalPing.com