Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tom Scheerer... One Of My Favorite Designers.

Tom Scheerer ranks among my top favorite designers.  He creates a look that he calls "relaxed modernism".  I call his look "perfect".  Nothing in his rooms ever screams at you.  Styles and colors mix seamlessly.  The rooms and homes he designs always look comfortable, as if you could move right in.  His entire body of work is jaw-dropping gorgeous, but I will only showcase a few rooms today.
Here is Tom in a dining room he designed.  Even in this simple space he mixes such classic elements as a white Saarinen table, hardwood floors, dark bookcases and a gorgeous lamp perfectly.  The artwork, seen in the adjoining room, is always prudently chosen. 

The mix of styles in this casual living room blend seamlessly.  The indian block print on the rolled arm sofa feels modern.  I love the wood beams and natural flooring.  There is an abundance of rough textures that contribute to the relaxed atmosphere.

Natural textures abound once again!  The window treatment heightens the breezy laid-back vibe.  Stripes and bold purple accents keep it current.
  
This bedroom, enclosed in crisp white, takes advantage of shots of texture and color.  Modern artwork and a spare sensibility keep the space up-to-date.  The rug adds warmth and texture. 

 Here's proof that a bedroom can still look serene, fresh and breezy with black walls.  The black is counterbalanced with a light floor, white bedding and a stark white ceiling and door.  Tom Scheerer never overdoes anything.  I've never seen elements in the rooms he designs that overwhelm the space.  This might possibly explain why he kept the window treatments at ledge height rather than taking them all the way to the floor.

A lot of patterns coexist beautifully in this room.  Even the blue and white palette is offset with shades of yellow and white so as not too seem too contrived and overly designed.  If I could jump into this photo I'd imagine I would be leaning back, with my feet up, relaxing with a good book.


My Ping in TotalPing.com